Explore 21 Collections - S Matching

Meta Chestnutt Sager Collection

Photographs from the collection of Meta Chestnutt Sager who participated in the 1889 land run and then established El Meta Bond College in Silver City.

Added: May 2019.

Sapulpa Area Newspaper Collection

Newspapers published in and around Sapulpa, Creek and Tulsa Counties, Oklahoma. Titles include: County Democrat News, Creek County Republican, Sapulpa Herald, Sapulpa Light, Sapulpa Free Press, and Sapulpa Democrat.

Added: June 2019.

Sapulpa Democrat

The Sapulpa Democrat was first published on March 20, 1901, within the Creek Nation in Indian Territory. In 1908, the title was changed to The Sapulpa Weekly Democrat. The Sapulpa Daily Democrat was established in 1907. The Sapulpa Evening Democrat began in 1911.

Added: June 2019.

Sapulpa Herald

The Sapulpa Herald was founded on September 14, 1914, by John W. Young, previously the business manager of the Sapulpa Evening Democrat, and O. S. Todd. The word “daily” was dropped from the title in 2017, and in 2019 Wednesday and a weekend edition were published.

Added: June 2019.

The Sapulpa Light

William Henry Platts published the first issue of The Sapulpa Light. In 1909 when the daily edition became the Sapulpa Evening Light. By 1913 the Sapulpa Evening Light had been replaced by the Sapulpa Daily Argus, which was followed by the Sapulpa American in 1917.

Added: March 2013.

The Sayre Headlight-Journal

The Sayre Headlight started in Sayre, Oklahoma in 1899 and stayed in publication until 1943. The paper supported the Republican Party.

Added: May 2015.

The Searchlight

The Searchlight was published by James Kirkwood twice a week. It also served as the official paper of the Oklahoma-Indian Territory State Association, as well as the Sheriff’s Association of Oklahoma.

Added: June 2014.

Sentinel News-Boy and Sentinel Leader

The Sentinel News-Boy was published from 1904 until 1910 in Sentinel, Washita County. Its successor, the Sentinel News-Boy, has been published from 1910 to the present on a weekly basis.

Added: June 2014.

Shawnee Daily News-Herald

Charles Barrett created the daily edition of the Shawnee Herald in 1902. In 1911, it merged with The Shawnee News to become The Shawnee News-Herald, and, later, The Shawnee Daily News-Herald.

Added: November 2012.

Kenny Sivard Collection

Photographs of communities in Southeast Oklahoma from the early 1900s to the 1960s.

Added: October 2019.

Sorosis Club of Oklahoma City Collection

Portraits of Sorosis Club of Oklahoma City members, c.1947. Founded in 1909, the club offered enrichment classes to its members and raised money for many charitable causes. The club disbanded in 2001.

Added: May 2019.

Clayton E. Soule Collection

Photographs taken by Clayton E. Soule for the Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company. Included are Soule's photographs of the State Fair of Oklahoma, street scenes from various communities, and events.

Added: April 2019.

The Southwest World

Founded in 1900, the Southwest World's three-year lifespan covered news in the Guthrie area. The paper was published weekly and remained politically independent.

Added: July 2012.

Horace Speed Collection

Photographs related to the life and family of Horace Speed, first U.S. District Attorney for Oklahoma Territory.

Added: November 2019.

St. Anthony School of Nursing Collection

Class photographs of nurses graduating in selected years from 1919 to 1983.

Added: May 2019.

State Board of Public Affairs

Photographs of construction of the Oklahoma State Capital in Oklahoma City, c.1915-1916.

Added: November 2019.

The State Journal (Mulhall, Oklahoma)

The State Journal was started in 1902 by Tom B. Woosley in Mulhall as a succeeding title to The Orlando Herald. The State Journal lasted until 1919 when it converted into the Mulhall State Journal.

Added: November 2012.

State Sentinel

The State Sentinel was established in 1904 in Henryetta, Oklahoma and was moved to Stigler fifteen months later. The paper was issued on Fridays and measured 15 by 22 inches with eight pages.

Added: November 2012.

Stillwater Advance-Democrat

Named for a nearby creek, the town of Stillwater was settled by pioneers after the opening of the Unassigned Lands in Oklahoma Territory on April 22, 1889. The weekly Stillwater Democrat merged with the Stillwater Advance to create the Advance-Democrat on September 7, 1905.

Added: June 2019.

Stroud Democrat

The Stroud Democrat, established in 1910, was the successor to the Lincoln County Journal.

Added: November 2012.

Sturms Magazine Collection

Photographs dating from 1890 to 1919.

Added: May 2019.