Explore 38 Collections -
J.Y. Schenck founded the
Caddo Banner, which was published weekly from 1890 to 1895 in Caddo, Indian Territory. Added:
Calumet Chieftain served as the newspaper for the town of Calumet in northwestern Canadian County from 1908 to 1943. The paper featured local, state, and national news as well as advertising. Added:
Portrait photographs of white men and of tribal members, along with group portraits and photographs of early buildings and dwellings.
Canadian Valley News began as a Republican publication in 1901, led by Chester A. Keyes in Jones, Oklahoma. It was the only paper published in the town. Added:
The Carney Publishing Company printed the
Carney Enterprise every Friday starting in 1898. Added:
Chandler News was the first newspaper published in Chandler, Oklahoma from 1891 to 1909. Charles E. Hunter established, edited and published the paper every Saturday. Added:
The Chandler Publicist began publication in 1894 as a weekly newspaper published by Mrs. W. H. French. This official paper of Lincoln County supported the People’s Party and prohibition. Added:
The Chattanooga News, also known as the Chattanooga Weekly News, served the town of Chattanooga, Oklahoma from the early 1900s until 1929. Added:
Located in Rogers County, this community grew out of a railroad stop in 1881. Named by railroad official Charles Peach for his hometown in England, the paper provided the community with news and advertising.
This weekly newspaper served the Oklahoman town of Chelsea starting in 1896, transforming into the
Chelsea Reporter after 1902. It provided local, territorial, and national news. Added:
Serving the heart of the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma,
The Cherokee County Democrat came to fruition as a result of a consolidation of The Tahlequah Herald and The Tahlequah Arrow. Added:
Scenes in and around Perry, Enid, and Bliss, Oklahoma.
Images spanning some five decades of Oklahoma history.
Published in Darlington near present day El Reno and first published by the Cheyenne-Arapaho Agency in 1879, the paper was one of the few publications ever issued at an Indian agency.
Photographs dating from 1871 to 1992 that feature Chickasaw people and locations related to the tribe.
Established in May in 1892, the
Chickasha Express is as old as the town whose name it bears. Added:
The Choctaw Herald was a weekly newspaper published out of Hugo, Oklahoma, as the successor of the Soper Herald. Jesse G. Curd was the editor and owner, publishing the paper until 1919. Added:
The Choctaw News began printing at Choctaw, Oklahoma in 1894. It was succeeded by The Wellston News in 1899, which is still printed to this day. Added:
The Chronicles of Oklahoma is the scholarly journal published by the Oklahoma Historical Society. It is a quarterly publication and was first published in 1921.
The Cimarron News, or Cimarron Valley News, was a weekly first printed in Kenton in 1898 by Louis A. Wilkoff, who was editor and publisher and kept the paper politically independent. Added:
Founded in 1895,
The Claremore Messenger joined with the Daily Messenger c. 1900. After serving the county seat of Rogers County for many years, the paper ceased publication sometime in the 1930s. Added:
Claremore Progress, Claremore's first newspaper, was established in 1893 by cowboy Joe Klein. Added:
Maps created as a product to help fire insurance companies assess the potential risks involved with underwriting policies. Dating from 1892 to 1931, these maps encompass a variety of communities across Oklahoma.
A continuation of the earlier newspaper the
People's Voice, the Cleveland County Enterprise published weekly until 1917, when it became the weekly edition of the Daily Transcript. Added:
Photographs of construction and interior details of the Scottish Rite Masonic Temple in Guthrie, Oklahoma. These images are part of the book,
Cathedral Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Masons of Oklahoma, Guthrie, Oklahoma, Hawk & Parr, Architects, James Stewart & Company, Inc., Contractors, 1921-1922. Added:
The Cordell Beacon began publication in 1909 on a weekly basis by the Beacon Publishing Company and served as the official county newspaper for Washita County. Added:
Photographs from the Oklahoma Historical Society Research Division feature images of classroom education, vocational training, and extracurricular activities at Chilocco Indian School.
Images of towns and rural scenes with an emphasis on Fort Supply, Oklahoma, and Western State Hospital.
County Democrat began publication in 1894 serving the town of Tecumseh in Pottawatomie County on a weekly basis. Added:
County Democrat-News billed itself as the successor to the Kiefer Chronicle. The Democrat-News purchased the Creek County Republican and the Tri-County News, giving it the largest circulation of any newspaper in Creek County. Added:
Photographs collected and taken by Chester Cowen that date from 1885 to 2006 with themes of buildings, people, and events.
Newspapers published in Vinita, Craig County, Oklahoma beginning in 1902. Titles include Craig County Gazette, Bluejacket News, Centralia Register, Ketchum News, and Craig County Democrat.
Owned and edited by E.F. Widner, the
Crescent City Courier debuted on January 12, 1894. It was a Democratic-leaning paper and served Crescent City and Logan County. Added:
Crowder City Guardian was published in Crowder City from 1905 until 1916, measuring 11 by 16 inches. Added:
Photographs of Woodward and Fort Supply, Oklahoma.
The Curtis Courier was started by C. D. Baxter and Son in 1901. Independent in politics, the Courier was published Thursdays, and in 1907 Baxter reported a circulation of 600. It ceased circulation in 1927. Added:
From 1906, the Green Print Company published
The Cushing Democrat on a weekly basis. The tabloid lasted until 1912 when it converted to The Cushing Citizen, which favored Republican politics. Added:
Cushing Herald began on July 5, 1895, in Cushing, Oklahoma until 1904, when its name changed to the State Herald. It was published by W.J. Rendall and operated independently in politics. Added: