The Indian Advocate. (Sacred Heart Mission, Okla. Terr.), Vol. 12, No. 2, Ed. 1, Thursday, March 1, 1900 Page: 20 of 24
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Thk Indian Advocatk.
MatinsofthecircumcisionatlLp.nl. followed by midnight Solemn
High Mass Rt. Rev Abbot being the celebrant. The number of com-
municants was very large considering the hour and the extremely cold
2. Classes resumed at Sacred Heart College January 3d. Some new
students entered after Christmas. All are now earnestly preparing
for the terminal examinations to be held during the week preceding
Holy Week viz: from April 1 to April 7 1900. Results will be pub-
lished in May number of the Indian Advocate. Easter recess from
April 11 to April 17.
3. We had a pleasant call at the Abbey during the past month from
Rev. Fathers Bernard O. S. B. Pastor in Krebs: William O. S. B.
pastor in Purcell; and Ferdinand Schaaf pastor in Hartshorn I. T.
4. Very Rev. Dom Leo O. S. B. prior and Rev. Dom Gratian O.
S. B. have returned to Sacred Heart. Further will be found a full
account of their trip through California to be continued in next issue.
CALENDAR FOR MARCH AND APRIL .1900.
i. S. Rudesind Bishop-Confessor O. S. B. Double.
2. Feast of the Crown of Thorns. Double major.
3. St. Anselm Abbot O. S. B. Double.
4. 1st Sunday of Lent. 1st Class.
5. St. Chunegond Empress Virgin. O. S. B. Double.
6. Blessed Jane Mary Bonomo Virgin. O. S. B. Double.
7. St. Thomas Aquinas. Confessor Doctor. Double
8. St. Veremund Abbot. O. S. B. Double.
9. Feast of the Lance and Nails of O L. J. C. Double
10. Holy XL. Martyrs. Semi-double.
11. 2nd Sunday of Lent. 2nd Class.
12. St. Gregory the 'Great. Pope Conf. Doctor. O.
S. B. 2ndCl.
13. Sts. Ramirus and Companions Martyrs. O. S. B.
14. St. John of God Confessor. Double.
15. St. Cyril of Alexandria. Pontiff-Conf. Doct. Double.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Newspaper.
The Indian Advocate. (Sacred Heart Mission, Okla. Terr.), Vol. 12, No. 2, Ed. 1, Thursday, March 1, 1900, newspaper, March 1, 1900; Sacred Heart Mission, Oklahoma Territory. (https://gateway.okhistory.org/ark:/67531/metadc69778/m1/20/: accessed November 15, 2019), The Gateway to Oklahoma History, https://gateway.okhistory.org; crediting Oklahoma Historical Society.