You Alls Doins. (Lexington, Okla.), Vol. 2, No. 8, Ed. 1 Wednesday, April 18, 1900 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title You Alls Doins. (Lexington, Okla.), Vol. 2, No. 8, Ed. 1 Wednesday, April 18, 1900
- Serial Title You Alls Doins
Editor: Stevens, Oscar M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Os. M. Stevens
- Creation: 1900-04-18
- Content Description: Weekly newspaper from Lexington, Oklahoma that includes local, territorial, and national news along with advertising. On February 22, 1899, Oscar M. Stevens published the first issue of You Alls Doins. Stevens’ brother Ed came up with the unique name for the paper. From the beginning Doins was a Democratic newspaper and switched its publication day from Thursday to Friday in support of their chosen party. In less than seven months, the circulation reached over a thousand subscribers probably due to its unusual name and content. The paper merged with the Cleveland County Leader to become the Lexington Leader.
- Physical Description: eight pages : ill. ; page 20 x 13 in. Digitized from 35 mm. microfilm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Communications - Newspapers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Journalism
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Advertising
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Territories - Oklahoma Territory
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Oklahoma - Cleveland County
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cleveland County (Okla.) -- Newspapers.
- Keyword: Lexington
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Oklahoma - Cleveland County - Lexington
- Time Period: new-sou
- Volume: 2
- Issue: 8
- Edition: 1
Name: Oklahoma Digital Newspaper ProgramCode: ODNP
Name: Oklahoma Historical SocietyCode: OKHS
- Rights License: pd
- Library of Congress Control Number: sn95076016
- OCLC: 31974407
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc168850
- Display Note: Published every Thursday.