Meyers Photo Shop Studio

Description

Photograph of Meyers Photo Shop Commercial Photography Studio at 325 N. Robinson, and the Cadillac Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. See the Meyers Photo Shop sign, middle of the left side of the building. Z.P. Meyers owned Meyers Photo Shop. The business operated under the name "Foto Shop" until late 1927 or early 1928 when Meyers changed the name to Meyers Photo Shop and moved the business to 325 N. Robinson. In 2018, the Bank of Oklahoma Tower occupies the address where the photo shop once operated.

Creation Information

Meyers Photo Shop 1966-02-uu.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Z.P. Meyers/Barney Hillerman Photographic Collection and was provided by Oklahoma Historical Society to The Gateway to Oklahoma History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 16 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Photographer

Provided By

Oklahoma Historical Society

In 1893, members of the Oklahoma Territory Press Association formed the Oklahoma Historical Society to keep a detailed record of Oklahoma history and preserve it for future generations. The Oklahoma History Center opened in 2005, and operates in Oklahoma City.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Gateway.

Description

Photograph of Meyers Photo Shop Commercial Photography Studio at 325 N. Robinson, and the Cadillac Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. See the Meyers Photo Shop sign, middle of the left side of the building. Z.P. Meyers owned Meyers Photo Shop. The business operated under the name "Foto Shop" until late 1927 or early 1928 when Meyers changed the name to Meyers Photo Shop and moved the business to 325 N. Robinson. In 2018, the Bank of Oklahoma Tower occupies the address where the photo shop once operated.

Subjects

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Gateway or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Z.P. Meyers/Barney Hillerman Photographic Collection

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1966-02-uu

Added to The The Gateway to Oklahoma History

  • April 1, 2018, 11:42 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Sept. 2, 2018, 12:15 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 16

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Coordinates

  • 35.470095, -97.516394

Map Information

  • map marker Precise Place Name coordinates added by our staff.
  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

Meyers Photo Shop. Meyers Photo Shop Studio, photograph, 1966-02-uu; (gateway.okhistory.org/ark:/67531/metadc1118982/: accessed December 17, 2018), The Gateway to Oklahoma History, gateway.okhistory.org; crediting Oklahoma Historical Society.