Explore by Collections

  1. a
  2. b
  3. c
  4. d
  5. e
  6. f
  7. g
  8. h
  9. i
  10. j
  11. k
  12. l
  13. m
  14. n
  15. o
  16. p
  17. q
  18. r
  19. s
  20. t
  21. u
  22. v
  23. w
  24. x
  25. y
  26. z
  27. all

Lawton Constitution

Lawton Constitution

This pioneering paper of Comanche County was established in 1903 as a successor to the newspaper, the Elgin Eagle. The paper had both daily and a weekly edition and affiliated with the Democratic Party.

Lexington and Cleveland County Leader

Lexington and Cleveland County Leader

The paper was founded June 4, 1891, as a Democratic newspaper. In 1892 the owner, W. D. Covington moved the newspaper from Lexington to Noble, Oklahoma and changed the name. The newspaper as an entity survived until the 1920s.

The Lincoln County Journal and The Stroud...

The Lincoln County Journal and The Stroud Star

The Stroud Star served the town of Stroud, Oklahoma from 1898 to 1907. In 1907 the Stroud Star and Lincoln County Journal joined together to make one publication for the town of Stroud. The publication lasted until an unknown date in 1910.

The Logan County News

The Logan County News

The Logan County News was published by J. H. Maher in 1903. The eight-page, six-column weekly newspaper was published every Thursday, with H. C. Jent credited as editor and proprietor.

Luther Register

Luther Register

Founded in Luther, Oklahoma County, in 1899, the Register was published and edited by G. W. Baer. The paper affiliated with the Republican Party and switched hands in 1906.

The Langston City Herald (Langston City,...

The Langston City Herald (Langston City, O.T.)

The Langston City Herald debuted on May 2, 1891, as the first weekly African American newspaper in Oklahoma Territory. A paramount promoter of African American homesteading in the territory, it circulated throughout the South and Southeast. Its widespread readership was vital to the settlement of African Americans in Oklahoma.