The Altus Times served the town of Altus from c. 1900 to 1917. The weekly The Oklahoma Democrat was published and edited by Bob Williams in 1907. In 1917 the papers merged and became the Times-Democrat.
The Tahlequah Telephone was a weekly publication established in June of 1887 and was devoted to the "Education, Progress, and Advancement of the Cherokee Nation." B. H. Stone was the editor and publisher.